An activity that has been popular for centuries, indeed millennia, is the brewing of beer. In the tradition of the medieval monks, the Men’s Groups of The Church of the Good Shepherd, Barrhaven, and our own Saint James’ group gathered on Saturday January 21 to begin a batch slated for consumption at Easter. We were led by Fr. Stephen Silverthorne, whose expertise was impressive. After initial prayers, Fr. Stephen presented a talk which concentrated on beer of the Belgian style. We then set about the task in four teams, each one making an individual beer type. We worked from 11am through to 4pm, with lunch ‘on the go’ and a Eucharist to end the day.
From the ScrapbookPhoto not found
We’re on Facebook
Click to like us on Facebook
The Community is a place for Canadian Anglicans to get together and talk about life in the church.
- 17.08.25 00:00 CROSSTALK - Submission Deadline for October Crosstalk - Fri, Aug 25, 2017
- 17.08.26 17:00 DINNERS | LUNCHES - St. John's 11th Annual Pig Roast - Sat, Aug 26, 2017 5:00pm - 7:00pm @ St. John the Evangelist, Lancaster
- 17.08.27 12:00 SYNOD | GREAT CHAPTER | DIOCESAN EVENTS - Ottawa Pride Parade - Sun, Aug 27, 2017 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- 17.08.27 19:00 EVENSONG | VESPERS - Summer Evensong - Sun, Aug 27, 2017 7:00pm - 8:10pm @ Holy Trinity, Lascelles
- 17.09.06 09:30 COUNCIL & COMMITTEE MEETINGS - Diocesan Council Agenda Planning - Wed, Sep 6, 2017 9:30am - 11:00am
- Praying for an end to racial violence 2017.08.18
- A prayer for Barcelona 2017.08.17
- Diocese of Fredericton donates $80,000 return to Anglican Healing Fund 2017.08.17
- Deacons’ conference shines light on marginalized communities 2017.08.10
- Anglican Healing Fund supports residential school survivors at reconciliation workshops 2017.08.4
Weather ForecastThe location could not be found.