Confederation in Canada took place in 1867, just nine years prior to the establishment of our parish. In those days Manotick was a tiny village, dominated by Moss Kent Dickinson’s mill. Travel to Ottawa involved a slow journey by horse and carriage over fairly rough roads. Since that time, our parish and our village have changed and progressed enormously, as has the whole country. On July 1, we celebrate Canada, ‘ founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law …’ .
From the ScrapbookPhoto not found
We’re on Facebook
Click to like us on Facebook
The Community is a place for Canadian Anglicans to get together and talk about life in the church.
- 17.08.25 00:00 CROSSTALK - Submission Deadline for October Crosstalk - Fri, Aug 25, 2017
- 17.08.26 17:00 DINNERS | LUNCHES - St. John's 11th Annual Pig Roast - Sat, Aug 26, 2017 5:00pm - 7:00pm @ St. John the Evangelist, Lancaster
- 17.08.27 12:00 SYNOD | GREAT CHAPTER | DIOCESAN EVENTS - Ottawa Pride Parade - Sun, Aug 27, 2017 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- 17.08.27 19:00 EVENSONG | VESPERS - Summer Evensong - Sun, Aug 27, 2017 7:00pm - 8:10pm @ Holy Trinity, Lascelles
- 17.09.06 09:30 COUNCIL & COMMITTEE MEETINGS - Diocesan Council Agenda Planning - Wed, Sep 6, 2017 9:30am - 11:00am
- Praying for an end to racial violence 2017.08.18
- A prayer for Barcelona 2017.08.17
- Diocese of Fredericton donates $80,000 return to Anglican Healing Fund 2017.08.17
- Deacons’ conference shines light on marginalized communities 2017.08.10
- Anglican Healing Fund supports residential school survivors at reconciliation workshops 2017.08.4
Weather ForecastThe location could not be found.