In cities such as Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa, large scale St Patrick’s Day parades are held on the weekend closest to March 17. The parade in Montreal has been held every year since 1824. However, the first recorded celebration of St Patrick’s Day in Canada was in 1759 by Irish soldiers serving with the British army. Who was Saint Patrick, the man behind these celebrations?
Today at Saint James
From the ScrapbookPhoto not found
We’re on Facebook
Click to like us on Facebook
The Community is a place for Canadian Anglicans to get together and talk about life in the church.
- 17.12.12 19:30 CONCERTS - Circle of Blessing Christmas Concert - Tue, Dec 12, 2017 7:30pm - 9:30pm @ St. Paul's, Hazeldean-Kanata
- 17.12.13 16:00 COUNCIL & COMMITTEE MEETINGS - Property and Finance Committee - Wed, Dec 13, 2017 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- 17.12.14 19:00 CONFERENCES | SEMINARS | LECTURES | COURSES | INFORMATION SERIES AND SESSIONS - Living the Questions 2.0 - Thu, Dec 14, 2017 7:00pm - 9:00pm @ Julian of Norwich (Merivale Site)
- 17.12.16 10:00 BAZAARS AND RUMMAGE SALES - Traditional Holly Sale - Sat, Dec 16, 2017 10:00am @ St. Columba, Ottawa
- 17.12.16 16:00 SPECIAL SERVICES - Advent Spiral Walk - Sat, Dec 16, 2017 4:00pm - 5:00pm @ St. Paul's, Osgoode
- ‘Pray for Jerusalem’: A call for prayer from the Primate 2017.12.8
- Anglican-Catholic diaconate conference set for May 2018 2017.12.7
- Anglican Healing Fund grant applications due March 1, 2018 2017.11.28
- Anglicans attend National Conference on Ending Homelessness 2017.11.22
- National Housing Day 2017 statement 2017.11.17
Weather ForecastThe location could not be found.