Shrove Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent. “Shrove” is the past tense of the word “shrive,” which means to hear a confession, assign penance, and absolve from sin. Shrove Tuesday is a reminder that we are entering a season of penance. It is also the last day before a season of fasting, the last chance to indulge yourself in sweet, fat food such as pancakes, butter, and syrup.
From the ScrapbookPhoto not found
We’re on Facebook
Click to like us on Facebook
The Community is a place for Canadian Anglicans to get together and talk about life in the church.
- 17.08.25 00:00 CROSSTALK - Submission Deadline for October Crosstalk - Fri, Aug 25, 2017
- 17.08.26 17:00 DINNERS | LUNCHES - St. John's 11th Annual Pig Roast - Sat, Aug 26, 2017 5:00pm - 7:00pm @ St. John the Evangelist, Lancaster
- 17.08.27 12:00 SYNOD | GREAT CHAPTER | DIOCESAN EVENTS - Ottawa Pride Parade - Sun, Aug 27, 2017 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- 17.08.27 19:00 EVENSONG | VESPERS - Summer Evensong - Sun, Aug 27, 2017 7:00pm - 8:10pm @ Holy Trinity, Lascelles
- 17.09.06 09:30 COUNCIL & COMMITTEE MEETINGS - Diocesan Council Agenda Planning - Wed, Sep 6, 2017 9:30am - 11:00am
- Praying for an end to racial violence 2017.08.18
- A prayer for Barcelona 2017.08.17
- Diocese of Fredericton donates $80,000 return to Anglican Healing Fund 2017.08.17
- Deacons’ conference shines light on marginalized communities 2017.08.10
- Anglican Healing Fund supports residential school survivors at reconciliation workshops 2017.08.4
Weather ForecastThe location could not be found.