Saint Valentine, pictured here in the form of an icon, looks a little dour. How did this image become transformed into the modern ‘hearts and flowers’ version? Well, maybe there’s a connection – legend has it that Valentine (Valentinus) performed Christian marriages at a time when this was prohibited. Read on…
From the ScrapbookPhoto not found
We’re on Facebook
Click to like us on Facebook
The Community is a place for Canadian Anglicans to get together and talk about life in the church.
- 17.08.25 00:00 CROSSTALK - Submission Deadline for October Crosstalk - Fri, Aug 25, 2017
- 17.08.26 17:00 DINNERS | LUNCHES - St. John's 11th Annual Pig Roast - Sat, Aug 26, 2017 5:00pm - 7:00pm @ St. John the Evangelist, Lancaster
- 17.08.27 12:00 SYNOD | GREAT CHAPTER | DIOCESAN EVENTS - Ottawa Pride Parade - Sun, Aug 27, 2017 12:00pm - 2:00pm
- 17.08.27 19:00 EVENSONG | VESPERS - Summer Evensong - Sun, Aug 27, 2017 7:00pm - 8:10pm @ Holy Trinity, Lascelles
- 17.09.06 09:30 COUNCIL & COMMITTEE MEETINGS - Diocesan Council Agenda Planning - Wed, Sep 6, 2017 9:30am - 11:00am
- Praying for an end to racial violence 2017.08.18
- A prayer for Barcelona 2017.08.17
- Diocese of Fredericton donates $80,000 return to Anglican Healing Fund 2017.08.17
- Deacons’ conference shines light on marginalized communities 2017.08.10
- Anglican Healing Fund supports residential school survivors at reconciliation workshops 2017.08.4
Weather ForecastThe location could not be found.