On Maundy Thursday – the Thursday of Holy Week – we celebrate Jesus’ last supper with his disciples through serving and receiving Communion with a special service. The word “maundy” comes from the Latin word maundatum for “commandment”, which comes from Jesus’ words from the last supper: “I give you a new commandment; that you love one another…” The full Latin phase is maundatum novarum, which means “a new commandment.”
From the ScrapbookPhoto not found
We’re on Facebook
Click to like us on Facebook
The Community is a place for Canadian Anglicans to get together and talk about life in the church.
- 17.06.30 19:00 SYNOD | GREAT CHAPTER | DIOCESAN EVENTS - A Prayer for Canada 150+ | Une prière pour le Canada 150 + - Fri, Jun 30, 2017 7:00pm @ Christ Church Cathedral
- 17.07.01 11:00 ART SHOWS | EXHIBITIONS | MOVIES - Canada Day Organ Recital, Trinity Church Cornwall. - Sat, Jul 1, 2017 11:00am - 12:00pm @ Trinity, Cornwall
- 17.07.09 19:00 EVENSONG | VESPERS - Summer Evensong - Sun, Jul 9, 2017 7:00pm - 8:10pm @ Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Lascelles
- 17.07.10 00:00 CHILDREN AND YOUTH - Diocesan Wide Canoe Trip - Mon, Jul 10, 2017 @ Algonquin Park
- 17.07.11 00:00 CHILDREN AND YOUTH - Diocesan Wide Canoe Trip - Tue, Jul 11, 2017 @ Algonquin Park
- General Synod appoints youth animator 2017.06.28
- Highlights from the Council of General Synod: June 25, 2017 2017.06.26
- Highlights from the Council of General Synod: June 24, 2017 2017.06.25
- Highlights from the Council of General Synod: June 23, 2017 2017.06.24
- The present and future of locally trained ministry in the Anglican Church of Canada 2017.06.22
Weather ForecastThe location could not be found.